Fun Stuff:(From Goodreads)Big Brown Rooster is sick of chicken feed. So along with his friends—Turtle, Iguana, and Potbellied Pig—he sets out to make the most magnificent strawberry shortcake in the whole wide world. But there’s one problem: none of his friends knows how to cook! The team bravely forges ahead, and with Rooster’s help, they learn how to measure flour (not with a ruler) and how to beat an egg (not with a baseball bat). But can they keep Pig from gobbling up all the ingredients? Take an old family recipe, add four funny friends, and mix in some hilarious cooking confusion and you have a picture book treat for children of all ages!
* Janet Stevens' Website
* Susan Stevens Crummel's Website (Janet's sister)
* "Teacher Tips" for Cook-A-Doodle-Doo from author Susan Stevens Crummel
* And here's Scholastic's teacher page for the book, including a lesson plan
* A post about Megan @ Plumpudding's experience with this book, including photos of the cake she made!
* Want to act out the book? Here's a Reader's Theater .doc file!
Coloring page anyone? Just right click and "save image as". (From Janet's website)
Post a Comment
So, what do you think, oh Lovely Reader?